Do you keep a list of books to buy like other people write down their groceries? Do you gobble up information about upcoming releases feeling like a kid on Christmas morning? Do you think about getting a job in a bookstore solely for that sweet employee discount?
I DO! I DO!
What follows below is the list of books coming out over the next several weeks which are bound to enrich my life but – unfortunately- make my personal finances a bigger stretch than that last season of LOST. In other words, this is why I’m always broke.
- Sleeping Beauties – Stephen King, Owen King
- All the women in the world but one fall into a mysterious sleep, and this book is going to fall into my hands as soon as it’s released.
- X-Files: Cold Cases – various authors (Audible version)
- The original actors lend their voices to the audio version of this book. I get special tingles just thinking about hearing “Mulder, it’s me” again.
- What She Ate: Six Remarkable Women and the Food that Tells Their Stories – Laura Shapiro
- Just how much do you believe food influences a life? Do you think what a person ate could potentially influence her enough to change history? This book takes a look at six notable women and discusses how their relationships with food may have reflected and impacted their lives.
- Chokehold: Policing Black Men – Paul Butler
- A former federal prosecutor takes on the system and the many ways it’s geared to keep black men trapped in it.
- Dark Crystal: The Ultimate Visual History – Casine Gaines and Brian and Wendy Fround
- Rare artwork, on-set photos, and interviews for fans of this classic fantasy film – i.e., pretty much everyone.
- Leia: Princess of Alderaan – Claudia Gray
- A YA novel set prior to A New Hope. That’s all the info I have on the book at this time but, quite frankly, that’s all I really need.
What soon-to-be-released books are you looking forward to reading? Do you have any suggestions for me to add to my list? Leave a reply and let me know!